This time we’re focusing on knitting. …and having a foray into the video world!
As you can see there are various approach knitting stripes. Today we’ll focus on changing colour on the right side of your work using an even number of rows.
2 row striped wristlet
2 oddments of yarn – A&B and appropriate sized needles
1. Cast on 15sts in colour A and knit 2 rows
2. Change to colour B as follows:
Insert needle into 1st stitch knit wise
Wrap colour A around needle
Leaving a 3in tail of yarn, wrap colour B over the needle too.
Knit the first stitch with both colours together.
Drop colour A and continue in colour B to end of row.
Turn and knit with B to last stitch
Insert needle knitwise through both loops of yarn for last stitch, wrap yarn over and knit.
3. Change back to yarn A by dropping yarn B and starting next row in A. Work 2 rows
4. Continue working 2 rows in each colour until wristlet fits comfortably around your wrist. Cast off.
5. Sew in ends and sewcast on and cast off edges together.
To see a video explaining how to change colour please visit http://youtu.be/6no7MDvBxFg
This is my first attempt at a video tutorial and I’m looking to improve them greatly so any constructive suggestions are welcome 🙂